On Thursday, Lenovo launched the much-awaited smartphones Moto Z and Moto Z Force at Tech World 2016 in San Francisco. They also launched Moto Mods, Which is a magnetic snap-on back panel created with various partners, including JBL and Incipio. Although the company did not reveal the pricing of the metal-clad water-resistant devices.
The Moto Mods is the main attraction of this smartphone. These Mods are nothing but the replaceable back cover which connects with the Moto Z and Moto Z Force via 16 magnetic pins placed on the back panel. So let’s take a glance at it:-
All about Moto Mods:-
As we say, The new Lenovo Moto mods are accessories that snap at the back of the two handsets magnetically. They connect with the Moto Z and Moto Z Force via 16 magnetic pins placed on the back panel. Currently, Lenovo Launched three different Mods for Moto Z and Moto Z Force.
- First one is, JBL Soundboost Speaker. A Back Panel included with JBL speaker and Battery required for it. This is one more advantage i.e. this speaker never use smartphones battery because they have their own’s. The JBL SoundBoost speaker snaps easily onto your Moto Z so you can immediately pump up the volume with powerful stereo sound and The main thing is, it does not require any type of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi pairing. It’s Awsome and perfect for the beach, the backyard, and everywhere in between.
- Second, Their is and Mod or Back Panel comes with Instant-Share Projector comes with an integrated kickstand so you can easily project at any angle. Plus, it includes up to one hour of battery life so you can project longer without using your phone’s battery. It projects up to 70” on any flat surface so the big screen’s always with you.
- Third, The Incipio offGRID™ Power Pack which contains a 2220 mAh battery, That gives you up to 22 additional hours of battery life whenever you need it. Just snap it on the smartphone and recharge your battery on the go and this Incipio offGRID™ Power Pack is available with a wireless charging option, so you can enjoy the freedom.
On the Backside Of Moto Z and Moto Z Force, you can see there is a 16 Magnetic pin. By using these Magnetic pins you can connect any type of Mod easily. No other type of Connection is required like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi etc.
So, These are all about all new Moto Mods which transform your smartphone into an entirely new device, one that other phones can’t do.
Design and Display:-
The Moto Z is being called the world’s thinnest premium smartphone, at 5.2mm, and is said to be ultra light as well. It’s body Made from military aircraft-grade aluminum and stainless steel and a water-repellent coating protects it from the inside out. This smartphone sports a 5.5-inch QHD AMOLED display with 2560 x 1440 pixel resolution at 535 ppi.
The Moto Z Force sports a 2nd generation Shatter-Shield display, which is introduced by Motorola with his Moto X Force model. Moto Z Force sports a 5.5-inch QHD AMOLED Shatter-Shield display with 2560 x 1440 pixel resolution at 535 ppi. These smartphone also has a water-repellent coating protects it from the inside out.
In both the smartphones, Lenovo Drop the regular 3.5mm headphone jack and replace it with the USB Type-C port which is used for both purpose like listening music and for charging. The recently launched LeEco Le Max 2 and the Le 2 also sports a Type-C USB for headphone and charging purpose and drop the 3.5mm jack.
Processor, RAM and Storage:-
The Moto Z smartphone packs with a powerful Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor Coupled with 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM which provides the fast performance to Play games, stream video, and multitask. This smartphone comes in two variants i.e. 32GB internal storage and 64GB internal storage and it can further expand up to 2TB using microSD card support.
The Moto Z Force smartphone packs with 2.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor coupled with 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM. This smartphone comes with 64GB onboard storage and further expand up to 2TB using microSD card support.
The Moto Z smartphone comes with an 18MP of rear camera with ƒ/1.8 aperture and laser autofocus. The camera has 8x Digital focus. It captures the images in Burst mode, Night mode, Auto HDR, Closed loop processing, Panorama and with zero shutter lag. This camera able to record 1080p HD video with 60 fps, 4K videos with 30 fps, Slow Motion videos and HDR Videos in 1080p and 4K resolution. This handset comes with 5MP of front facing camera with the ƒ/2.2 aperture with flash support. The camera includes a wide-angle lens, which is great for fitting more friends in the picture.
The Moto Z Force smartphone comes with 21MP of rear camera with ƒ/1.8 aperture and laser autofocus. The camera has 8x Digital focus. It captures the images in Burst mode, Night mode, Auto HDR, Closed loop processing, Panorama and with zero shutter lag. This camera able to record 1080p HD video with 60 fps, 4K videos with 30 fps, Slow Motion videos and HDR Videos in 1080p and 4K resolution.This handset also comes with 5MP of front facing camera with the ƒ/2.2 aperture with flash support.
- Both the smartphone comes with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system.
- Both smartphones have water repellent nano-coating.
- Both the phones responds to some predefined motions and gestures. Twist your wrist to open the camera. Two chops downward give you a flashlight. Place your phone face down to activate do not disturb mode for calls and notifications.
Sensors and Connectivity options:-
In the account of Sensors, Moto Z and Moto Z Force Both the handset comes with Fingerprint reader, Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Gyroscope, Hall Effect, Magnetometer, Proximity. Connectivity options available are Moto Mods connector, USB-C port for headphones, charging and data transfer, 4G,LTE,Wi-Fi Direct, NFC. This handset supports to Nano sim.
Moto Z comes with 2600 mAh battery and Plus, the included TurboPower charger gives your handset up to 8 hours of battery life in just 15 minutes of charging.
Moto Z Force comes with 3500 mAh battery and Plus, the included TurboPower charger gives your handset up to 15 hours of battery life in just 15 minutes of charging.